Redress Lead – The Healing Foundation
- Location: Canberra, ACT
- Employment Type: Full time
- Applications close: This is an immediate vacancy and interviews will be held as applications are received and assessed
The Healing Foundation is a national Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander organisation that provides a platform to amplify the voices and lived experience of Stolen Generations survivors and their families.
Territories Stolen Generations Redress Scheme (TRS):
In 1995 the Australian Government asked the Human Rights and Equal Opportunity Commission to carry out the National Inquiry into the Separation of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Children from Their Families.
Reporting to Director Engagement & Delivery, duties in this role will include:
- Lead the management of the Territories Redress Scheme (TRS) Support Program 2022-2026, that provides advocacy to survivor participants, their families and services supporting Stolen Generations survivors
- Protect and promote the welfare and rights of TRS applicants.
- Lead the provision of high-level policy advice to The Healing Foundation (THF) and the National Indigenous Australian’s Agency (NIAA) based on the feedback and experience of participants and key stakeholders
- Engage with the NIAA TRS Administration Team to champion trauma aware, healing informed approaches and principles
- Engage with the NIAA Stakeholder Engagement Team in the development of external facing communications with a trauma aware, healing informed lens